Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Easter is Cancelled

I rediscovered one of the bands that brought me one of the anthems of my youth, The Darkness. There mega hit, "I Believe in a Thing Called Love," which came out back in 2003, was seminal in my high school and college memories. The band's latest album, "Easter is Cancelled," could also produce similar feelings. Though the album is all over the place, it somehow works. There are a smattering of genres involved, and lyrics get a little cheesy and dorky at times, but the listener never knows that they are going to get from one song to the next. The title track, for instance, "Easter is Cancelled," could easily be confused for an Iron Maiden track. At times during the album I thought I was listening to a Flight of the Conchords song. There are hints of Queen, Boston, the Rolling Stones and others all throughout the proceedings. Then of course there is the incredibly strange, "Confirmation Bias," which plays just like a David Bowie tune. This album is nuts, but I really like it. I've listened to it four times already, and I'm guessing there will be more. It's far from perfect, and some tracks are skippable, but all in all, I was surprised.

As for fantasy football, I won in three out of four leagues, and now stand in first, third and fifth place in said leagues. I'm back in last in autodraft though :( I also pulled off a nice trade in dynasty, landing Browns second-year running back Nick Chubb, which could really give me a chance to contend this year, and going forward really.

I have several photos to share from Football, soccer and
cross-country. Please enjoy them here.



No comments:

Post a Comment