Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Monday, December 4, 2017

Don't Blame Me

There appear to be a lot of parallels that one can draw in the careers of Taylor Swift and Britney Spears. Both have five No. 1 hits and more than 10 top 10s. Both have success despite not being in the dominant genre of their time. Britney topped all the boy bands, while Taylor rules over hip-hop. Perhaps that's why when I recently decided to listen to Swift's latest release, "reputation," that I felt some flashbacks to Spears' fifth studio album, "Blackout." It was a dark turn for Spears, but just another step in her evolution as an artist. I think that "reputation" is a similar foray into the dark arts for Swift. I mean there are still a bit of bubbly popness in the album, but if you listen close enough, you might see the hurt. A lot of people will negatively review this album, and they're not wrong. However, if you take the album in the big picture of Swift's career, it is a necessary step to keep her career heading where it needs to go.

As far as fantasy football for TO this week, the week isn't over yet, because I'm writing this a day early, but returns have me losing in dynasty for the first time six weeks. I appear to have closed out the regular season in my redraft league with a win, which finishes me at 4-9. I have a better team that a lot of the league at this point with Alvin Kamara and Kirk Cousins, but my team just took too long to flesh out. As for my other redraft league, I appeared to have clinched a playoff spot, unless the Steelers have a big night tonight. A win would clinch a playoff spot, and possibly push me up to as high as fifth place. A loss, and I might not make the playoffs, or I would drop to eighth place and barely get in.

Anyhow, here are the some photos from the Pierz Football team's Prep Bowl victory and the GBB opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment