Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Solid Gold

One of the bands that formed my musical tastes thanks to their massive hit, "I believe in a thing called love," has released a new album. Should I listen? Heck yes! The Darkness recently dropped "Pinewood Smile," the band's fourth since the debut "Permission to Land" that had IBIATCL on it. While I haven't kept up with how their music's been, I noticed the new album in a deep dive of browsing new releases on Spotify, and based on the nostalgia of Duluth road-trip sing-a-longs I decided to give "Pinewood Smile" a try. The album doesn't quite live up to the iconic hit, but it is pretty groovy at times, and quite clever. I particularly enjoy the song "Solid Gold." Give it a listen. Worth it.

Fantasy football is continuing to go down hill. I can't win to save my life in my main league, and dropped to 0-7. I had a good week in dyansty, but ran into a buzz saw of 173 points and fell by about 40. I'm down to third place, but I'm still very safely in playoff contention, so I just need to stay ready for playoffs. In my third league I'm in 11th at 1-6 :(

Many photos from the weeek of Oct. 12-17. You can find them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment