Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Rainbow

Post-Led Zepplin, Robert Plant is still making music. His 10th solo album "Lullaby and... the ceaseless roar" comes out on Sept. 8. His recently released single "Rainbow" from the album is both haunting and technically sound. While it isn't Led Zepplin, it is a reminder of Plant's musical talent.

As for sports this past week it was finally the start of football season, as I covered the Milaca season opener last Thursday. I also photographed the swim and dive opener in Princeton. This week I have swimming and diving again tonight, and football once again tomorrow. Volleyball pictures will come next week. Read about what I covered, and check out my Fall Sports Preview at www.millelacscountytimes.com.

I had my two fantasy football drafts this past weekend, and I am pretty happy with my picks. While I did not snag a top-tier running back, I instead employed the tactic of taking two premiere pass receivers, and taking two upside guys at back. In the one draft that mattered the most, I snagged Calvin Johnson at six and took Brandon Marshall on the way back at 15. In the third round I nabbed possible PPR stud Shane Vereen, and then snatched Rashad Jennings in the fourth round. I grabbed Kendall Wright as a third wideout in the fifth. My quarterbacks were Philip Rivers and Andy Dalton and I took them in the 11th an 13th rounds respectively. I did not do this draft the traditional way, and hopefully that works out. Oh, I also got Emmanuel Sanders in both leagues, so the Wes Welker news that happened this week really helped me out too.

Anyhow, I have a few photos from this past week that I'd like to share:

The season and home opener for the Wolves was also Youth Football Day. The youth players got to join the varsity team on the field before the game to get hyped up. 

Teddy Blenkush (left) and Levi Hunt combine to make the tackle on Pierz's Robert Skiba. 

Milaca senior Hannah Johnson about to enter the pool for her leg of the 200 meter freestyle relay.



No comments:

Post a Comment