Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Fireball

Easily the most catchy dance song out right now, Pitbull's "Fireball" is not only a great song to shake the booty to, but it is also shares a name with some great whiskey. Who can say no to that?

This past week I covered some Milaca volleyball and Milaca/Little Falls football in my last week where I will be in Milaca for the majority. For the next two weeks I'll be 50/50 between Milaca and Little Falls, and then I'll transition fully to Little Falls after that. Tonight I have Milaca volleyball once again, and on Thursday I will be in Pierz for tennis and volleyball. I'm going to head to Royalton for some football on Friday.

In my fantasy football leagues this week I went 1-1. I lost in my main league by quite a bit and dropped from second to seventh place. However, I am the only remaining undefeated team in my other league. Still feel pretty confident that my team will come through when it matters most.

Before I get to the photos, this week I'm going to start a new segment called T.O's picks. This is where I pick winners for both area, college and NFL football games. Without further ado, here is the first ever T.O's picks:

Cathedral over Little Falls: Cathedral has a strong team this fall, and nearly upset a good Albany team last week, plus it is in St. Cloud.

Albany over Milaca: Speaking of Albany they should cruise over Milaca. Milaca has had trouble stopping the run, and the Huskies are all about that ground game.

Holdingford over Belgrade-Brooten-Elrosa. BBE hasn't done much of anything on offense this year. Expect the Huskers to roll.

Pierz over Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted. Pierz will remain undefeated as they cruise to a fourth straight easy victory.

Royalton over West Central Area. Probably the biggest test for the Royals thus far, but they should still earn a 'W' at home.

Upsala-Swanville over Browerville. Speaking of a challenge the 3-0 Browerville Tigers will pose a threat to what could easily be an undefeated season for USA. Expect USA to come out on top by a narrow margin.

St. Johns over Concordia. No chance that the Johnnies lose to the Cobbers at home.

Sioux Falls over SCSU. I don't think SCSU can pull of a road upset of a super talented Sioux Falls squad.

Minnesota over San Jose St. Should be a steam-roller victory for the Gophers this week against little-known football school of San Jose St.

New Orleans over Vikings. Despite having Peterson back, it won't matter for the Vikings who will be out matched by a pissed off 0-2 Saints team that has a great offense and a solid defense.

We'll look back at how I did this week next week, and hopefully keep this rolling. I have a few volleyball photos from Milaca's win over Zimmerman on Sept. 9.

Senior Nadesha Dohm is announced prior to the game against Zimmerman on Sept. 9. 

Senior hitter Paige Quaintance spikes the ball against Zimmerman.

Libero Kristina Loegering digs out a shot. 

The Milaca crowd goes wild during a point. 

Kaylee Rothanburg puts it over the net from the left side. 

Quaintance pushes the ball over for the third shot. 

Senior Makenzie Horrigan digs out a shot, and she had a strong service game as well.

Junior Molly Banks gets one of 11 kills. 

Karna Terpstra shows off her hitting skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment