Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Father Electricity

This week I chose the song "Father Electricity" from Julian Casablancas + The Voidz's latest release "Tyranny." The Strokes' frontman makes this band sound very similar, and that's why I like it. This is a cool and weird in a good way tune.

This past week I took some photos at a Milaca 3-0 loss to Mora in volleyball. I then switched over to my Little Falls coverage, attending Pierz tennis and volleyball matches last Thursday (tennis won, volleyball didn't). I also photographed some of a Royalton football game last Friday (they won). Last Saturday was a crazy day at the Milaca Mega Meet. I took pictures for several publications, and watched some great races.

Today is my last day in Princeton/Milaca, and that is pretty bittersweet. I know I have only been here for about five months, but I fit in really well here, and made it a home quickly. I will definitely miss my co-workers and the community. However, I look forward to new challenges at the Morrison County Record, and I will continue to update the blog, though there may be less pictures.

This past weekend I won both of my match ups in my fantasy football leagues. Things could not be much better as I am 2-1 and 3-0 in said leagues. I have quite a few byes this week, so it could be a test for me.

Last week I began a segment that I called T.O's Picks. Before I make my picks for this week, we should look at how I did last week. Not to my surprise, but perhaps yours I did well, going 8-2 in my picks. The only two games I picked incorrectly were Cathedral over Little Falls, as the Flyers upset the Crusaders at home, and the Johnnies, who were upset by the Cobbers in Clemens Stadium.
Despite the fact that I'm leaving Milaca, I will still leave Milaca in the picks section, because I know them well enough to pick their wins and losses.
For this week:
USA over Royalton: The Patriots will win the battle of the unbeaten Prairie Conference foes. Despite them both coming off of routs last week, the home field advantage will be too much for the Royals to overcome.
Zimmerman over Little Falls: I know I picked against the Flyers last week, but Zimmerman is a strong team this year with big wins over Fridley, Mora and Foley. There only loss is to juggernaut Becker, and they play in Zimmerman. Oh, and it's Zimmerman's homecoming.
Milaca over Mora: Mora's been blown out four times, so should be a win this week for the Wolves on homecoming.
Holdingford over Eden Valley-Watkins: Going to be a real tough test for the Huskers at their homecoming, but I think they can overcome and beat a very good EVW squad.
Pierz over Kimball: Easy win for the Pioneers, who have a legit shot at running the table.
Tommies over Johnnies: Sorry St. Johns fans, I think the St. Thomas has your number this year.
SCSU over Upper Iowa: Despite a great start for the Peacocks, I think they run into too good of a Huskies team. Have to go with my alma mater in this one.
Minnesota over Michigan: Big blue is a big mess this year, and the Gophers should mop them up, even in the Big House.
Atlanta over Minnesota: Don't think the Vikes can make this happen, even with Teddy at the helm.
New York Giants over Washington: This is basically a home game for both teams, and they have both been rejuvenated lately. Both offenses have been really good, so it comes down to defenses, in which the Giants are better by a bit.

That's all my picks for this week, hopefully I can keep up the good run. Here are a few pictures to share from this week:
Milaca senior Kim Shipman sets the ball as Carrie Rosenberg waits to go for the kill in the background.

Melanie Drew is announced before the match on Sept. 16 against Mora.

Junior Molly Banks gets one of seven kills. 

Senior Makenzie Horrigan (right) looks on as fellow senior and libero Kristina Loegering receives a serve.

St. Jame's teammates Thor Anderson (left) and Aaron Askeland (right) sprint to the finish last Saturday at the Milaca Mega Meet. 




No comments:

Post a Comment