Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Twist

The lead singer and multi-instrumentalist from one of my favorite bands recently released a solo album. Thom Yorke of Radiohead fame, released "Anima." It is very much a similar and equally brilliant experience as much of Radiohead's later work. It also reminds me a lot of Yorke's side project, Atoms For Peace, which released an album in 2013. My favorite track on this experimental, visceral and generally awesome album is "Twisted." It has shades of my favorite Radiohead album "Kid A," yet also incorporates a lot of modern musical sounds/instruments. This is certainly in the running for Album of the Year in my opinion.

Fantasy baseball took another hit last week, as after leading 7-3 or 6-4 most of the week, my opponent managed to tie me in two categories on the final day of the matchup, leaving me with a 4-4 tie. With my opponents in second and third place winning big, my lead has shrunk to only two games. This week has started well, but I need my team to rebound and deliver me a big win in order to remain in first place.

Anyway, I have a few photos of the Randall/Pierz Lakers game in Randall from June 23 before I went on vacation. Enjoy.











No comments:

Post a Comment