Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Bulletproof Baby

While one of the songs on The Struts' new album "Young & Dangerous" quips "She's in love with the camera," I am in fact in love with this album, and band. This is a very strange album, band and sound. I would describe The Struts as a more poppy version of Muse with slightly less talent. Some songs have a twinge of The Dandy Warhols or maybe even a little Queen. However, there are also a TON of the classic pop punk tropes throughout the album: repeating things in threes, big wavy synth lines, occasionally corny lyrics, mentioning a lot of people's names, among others. Good thing for the Struts, I grew up on bands like We The Kings, Boys Like Girls and All Time Low, so I thought this slightly edgier pop punk/rock feel that they had going on in this album was really cool on most of the tracks. There are a few songs that don't stand out as much as the others, but songs like "Bulletproof Baby,""Primadonna Like Me," and "Freak Like You" are super good. Anyway, I listened to this a few times this week, but I didn't jot down any notes, so I might have missed something, but listen to this album. It is worth it.

I won in all four fantasy leagues this week! A clean sweep. That puts me in playoff placement in two out of the four leagues and right in the mix in the other two. While week 10 will likely be a bit of a rough week for me, I feel like things have certainly been going my way, especially in my main re-draft league, where I haven't been under my projections and have been over 150 points for each of the past five weeks.

Anyway, I have a good number of photos to share from Football playoffs on Oct. 23 and some volleyball action from Oct. 18. Enjoy.


































No comments:

Post a Comment