Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

All My Favorite People/My Skin My Logo

I did something a little different this week. There was not anything I was terribly excited to listen to, so I chose two very different female artists (Maren Morris, Solange) and listened to their latest albums two tracks at a time, switching between each. It was a strange way to do a review, but I left feeling pretty similarly disappointed by each album. For "GIRL" by Maren Morris, which is supposed to be country, she seemed to forget most of the elements that make a song country music. Most of the songs, especially toward the second half of the album just sounded like sad pop music, and it wasn't particularly good. There were a few decent songs, including "All My Favorite People" featuring Brothers Osborne. As for Solange, her album was filled with a lot of interludes, short tracks and a very confusing blend of R&B. There wasn't really anything that I liked even a little. It just was not my cup of tea. I felt like most of the tracks were very artsy, and while Solange is very talented vocally, nothing had much of a rhythm or pleasant melody. There was a lot of just repeating the same words over and over, and that's not music. I felt like a lot of the tracks were rap songs without the rap. They were like a shell of a song. While I didn't really like either album in particular, "GIRL" was at least listenable, while "When I Get Home" was not even close.

I have a number of photos to share from the end of the winter sports season. Enjoy.
































No comments:

Post a Comment