Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Let it Fly

This week I listened to the much-anticipated "Tha Carter V" from Lil' Wayne. Weezy is responsible for some of the best verses in rap history, so it's safe to say I was pretty excited for this one. However, as is usual I had a couple of gripes about what is a solid, but not spectacular album. First on the list of cons is the amount of tracks. Wayne is notorious for this, especially in his "Carter" series. This often turns me off. I'm also really starting to get sick of the sounds of him smoking. We get it. You like weed. There isn't a need to have the sound of you taking a hit on every track. Lastly, he rhymed the n-word with the n-word far too many times. Positively though, the flow on "Can't be Broken" is amazing. Also, Travis Scott's guest verse on "Let it Fly" was very good. The track "Mona Lisa" is a fantastic example of how rap can tell an excellent story. Also Kendrick Lamar was on fire. The final exciting twist of the album was the return of Ashanti on the track "Start This Shit Off Right." Apparently she released albums in 2008 and 2014, but it seems to me I haven't heard of her musically since like 2005. I thought she took on acting forever, or retired. Anyway, good to hear from her again, she sounded amazing.

Anyhow, I won in three-out-of-four of my fantasy football leagues this week, jumping into fourth place in two of them, and eighth out of 12 (tied with six teams at 2-2) in the other. I am 1-3 in another and in eighth place, but on the come up.

Anyway, I have several photos from Sept. 20-25. Enjoy.





























No comments:

Post a Comment