Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Guts Over Fear

Slim Shady is back again, and he brought friends. While I haven't gotten to listen to "Shady XV" yet, I've heard "Guts Over Fear," the single from it. The compilation disc has me excited as an Eminem fan, especially since I really enjoyed "Marshall Mathers LP2" last spring.

As for me, I'm busy covering Class AA State Champions, and doing winter previews. I have my first basketball game tonight. After Thanksgiving break, which will strangely be an ample five days for me (just how it shook out), I'll be back after that and hard at work as the winter sports season engulfs my time.

In fantasy football my teams are doing well, I guess. I'm 7-5 and in the playoffs in one league, and all but in, in the other. I had a horrible week this week in the league in which I've punched my ticket already. I hope that Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall and Shane Vereen can wake up for the playoffs in week 14, 15 and 16. I'm only playing for seeding this week. I am currently fifth, but I could be anywhere between fourth and sixth by the end of week 13.

I have a few photos from the Pierz/Rochester Lourdes semifinal on Nov. 15 to share, but I also am going to share my leftover Holdingford Prep Bowl photos a week early too. Happy Thanksgiving.

The photos below (and others) can be purchased at ecmpublishers.smugmug.com:

Pierz lines up for the National Anthem prior to the semifinal game against Rochester Lourdes, Nov. 15 in St. Cloud.

Senior Robbie Skiba runs for a chunk of his 153 yards against Lourdes.

Junior Jonny Kasper temporarily stops the Eagles' Carter Greguson.

The Holdingford cheerleaders dance to the pep band prior to the Prep Bowl, Nov. 21 at TCF Bank Stadium.

Fast forward to the end as senior Matt Messman carries the Class AA Championship trophy in front of Husker fans.

Rude photographer ran up and got in mine and everybody's way as the Huskers celebrate.

Coaches and players explode as the Huskers tie the game on the last play of regulation.

Everyone reacts to a Nate Brinker touchdown run on the first Holdingford play of  the first overtime.

Sophomore Blake Patrick has three BOLD defenders bearing down on him as he tries to haul in a pass.

Senior quarterback Austin Gerads takes off running down the field.

Messman scampers ahead for a gain.

Brinker (left) looks to aid teammate Messman to wrap up Warriors back Ben Steffel.


No comments:

Post a Comment