Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Editing Floor Blues

Since I do a lot of editing, both of myself and of others, I like the track "Editing Song Blues" from Yusuf/Cat Stevens' latest release, "Tell 'Em I'm Gone." The entire album is very clean, tight and well produced. Most songs are very polished, catchy and strong lyrically. No matter if you're a fan or not, you'll likely find this album a good listen.

This past week I did some traveling by heading down to Fargo last Friday for a pair of playoff football games. USA, Holdingford and Pierz all advanced to the state quarterfinals in Brainerd on Saturday. That makes for one long day of football, which also means I'll be missing the opening day of hunting.

Fantasy took another turn for the worse this week, as I lost in both leagues, and am now 5-4 in both, and falling fast. The good news is that I had a lot of byes last week, and most of my injured players are nearing or will come back this week. That should help a bunch, well if Philip Rivers doesn't melt like he did last week (-.68 points, really! REALLY!!???)

As for my picks last week, I went 7-3 on another good week. The games I got wrong were Holdingford over OTC, SCSU over Bemidji State and New England over Denver. Sorry for not believing in you Huskers, Huskies and Patriots. I am now 53-17 this year. As for this week:
USA over Braham: The Patriots offense did struggle last week, but I think they can muster enough to get past the Bombers.
MLWR over Holdingford: I know I picked against the Huskers last week too, but MLWR had a really tough schedule and was nearly perfect throughout against a lot of AAA and AAAA schools.
Pierz over D-G-F: Though D-G-F has played a lot of AAAA competition they have also lost two of those games. The Pioneers haven't had much of a challenge in several weeks, but though they'll find it a challenge, I think they'll take care of DGF.
Bethel over St. Johns: Bethel is having a great season so far, and they even beat Concordia, whom the Johnnies lost to. I think Bethel has the edge.
SCSU over Minot State: This should be a blowout. Minot is epically bad.
Iowa over Minnesota: The Gophers can't handle a game against the Hawkeyes, who are one of the best teams in the Big 10.
Bengals over Browns: Tempted to pick the upset here, but have to go with the Bengals and the Red Rocket.
Packers over Bears: The Bears have been disappointing this year, and this continues against a rested Packers team.
Eagles over Panthers: No upsets here.
St. Louis over Arizona: Upset special here though, as the Cardinals lose for the first time since week 5 against the Broncos.

I have six pictures to share from last week's volleyball and football playoffs.
The Flyers had a message for opponent Holdingford. It worked as they won 3-2 on Oct. 24.

Kyle Lange (No. 9) blocks for Tyler Evans (No. 4) as Evans returns an interception for a touchdown against New York Mills in the section semifinals on Oct. 25.

USA's Aidan Guthrie looks to tackle NYM's Chance Pettow.

Little Falls senior Kendra Pohlman hammers one of several kills.

Robyn Nuehring goes up for a spike.

Autumn Zupko with a hit from the outside against Holdingford Oct. 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment