Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Foil

It was about time that Weird Al Yankovic stuck his head back into the music game in a big way, and he did just that this past week with the release of his new album "Mandatory Fun." The song that stuck out the most to me was a parody of Lorde's "Royals" called "Foil" about aluminum foil and saving food and the like. That Weird Al cracks me up every time.

Lately I've been doing quite a bit of news events and trying to keep the area up to date on Legion and VFW baseball. The Milaca Legion team has been doing quite well, and have won their last seven games in a row.

In two weeks I will unveil my picks for the best quarterback options in fantasy football. I'm crunching numbers, checking out personnel, offensive schemes and whatever else it takes to make a comprehensive assessment on who the best QBs should be for this fall's fantasy season. Then I'm going to forget all that information, throw it out, and just pick from my gut the best 10 QB options, as well as some honorable mentions (shout out to Drake last night at the ESPY's. He did a great job hosting.) I might throw some stats out there still in my rankings, but mostly it will just be my brain and my gut making the picks.

I'll also once again show how I did with my predictions last year, which is usually pretty amusing, and occasionally triumphant.

Anyhow, I have several photos to share from the past week. Enjoy.

Milaca 18U's Natalie Bernard makes a catch in left field on July 8 against Apollo 18U

Maddie Shores rips a single up the middle. 

Makenzie Horrigan fouls off a pitch on July 8.

Olivia Kragt makes a play on a foul ball from her third base position late in the game.

Hannah Johnson delivers a huge pitch.

Elizabeth Keeney and her band rock the stage on July 8 at The Depot in Princeton.

Keeney and the band sang several country classics and other classic tunes.


The Milaca Legion players stretch and warm up in front of the American flag in centerfield on July 8 at Mark Park in Princeton.

Keeney belts out a note.

Milaca shortstop Kaylee Rothanburg lays down a bunt. 

Johnson throws to first for the out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment