Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Welcome to the Jungle

I've begun a new journey in my life, which takes me much closer to where I grew up. On April 14 I began my new journey as a sports/schools reporter for the Mille Lacs County Times.
While my new office is in Princeton, my coverage area is in Milaca, and I live in St. Cloud. A little confusing? It is for me too. It means a lot more travel than I'm used to (I used to live, work and cover within the majority of a half mile circle).
However, I'm looking forward to all the challenges, and the rewards of the new position. I hope the readers enjoy this too.
The past couple weeks I have been dodging rain drops and cancellations, and have managed to make it to a few events. Two track and field meets, two softball games, a golf tournament and a baseball game. This week I haven't yet covered anything, but I hope to head to baseball and softball games before the coverage week is over.
My deadline is on Tuesday, and the paper here comes out on Wednesdays, so I will usually be updating the blog on Thursdays, so look for it then. As I previously did on my "gottaknowbouttineau" blog, I will occasionally post an opinion piece or two, but usually I'm just updating my work, and other things I'm involved in that have to do with sports (fantasy, pick 'em's, etc.).
That is enough of me slapping the keys for now. I have several pictures from the last couple weeks to share. As a reminder, these belong to the Mille Lacs County Times, and copies can be obtained by calling 320-983-6111.

Milaca shortstop Alex Ploeger fires to second base on April 21 against Foley.

Wolves pitcher Matt VanSomeren fires a pitch on Monday, April 21 in Foley against the Falcons. 

VanSomeren fields a bunt and throws to first. 

Makenzie Horrigan rips a base hit. 

Bennett Lerud taps a putt toward the hole on April 22. 

Ori Scherer pops up a pitch against Albany on April 25. 

Pitcher Brian Kiel looks on as first baseman Nick Wolbert fields a pop up. 

Kiel hammers a pitch to left field against Crosby-Ironton on April 25. 

Second base Rachel Airhart flips the ball to first base against the Huskies at Sod Field.

Paige Quaintance fights off a pitch to hang in the count. 


Milaca head coach Randy Johnson goes to have a chat with the ump about a call.

Pitcher Hannah Johnson grounds the ball up the middle. 

Ploeger tries to get an out at first with and avoid hitting a baserunner. 

Ploeger calls off her teammates on a pop up to short. 

Randy Johnson celebrates with Natalie Bernard after she hits her second home run of the season on April 25. 

No comments:

Post a Comment