Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Tidal Wave

I honestly didn't realize that Taking Back Sunday was still making music. Because, well, I'm not really a huge fan. Like most pop punk fans I really enjoyed "MakeDamnSure" and even "Liar [It Takes One to Know One]," but assumed that the band would probably fade out, because I wasn't really interested in much more of their 2006 album "Louder Now." Having listened to TBS' single "Tidal Wave," which will be the title track off their album set to release in mid-September, I am rethinking my original assessment. It is as good of a throw-back punk song as I have heard in a long time. I don't know if the rest of the album will be the same, or if they will have more modern pop punk songs, but I'm excited to find out.

I have a handful of photos to share from the second day of state for Pierz baseball, June 17.

Pierz' Nick Herold dives safely back into first base as Minnehaha Academy's John Goth awaits the throw over, June 17 at Dick Putz Field in St. Cloud.

Teddy Dehler (No. 7) congratulates Matt Tautges after he scores a run in the Class AA State semifinal game.

Senior Michael Meyer with a big swing at a belt-high pitch.

Girtz hangs in to try and get a double play as Goth slides into second base hard.

A little before the last photo as Brett Kapsner (No. 13) flips to Girtz as Goth barrels in.

Tautges fires a pitch after he came in for relief.

Girtz trots in off the mound after finishing off the Redhawks lineup in the late innings.

No comments:

Post a Comment