Any and all photo content is property of the ECM Publishers Inc. Unauthorized use is prohibited. To purchase photos contact the Morrison County Record office at 320-632-2345.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Ghost Town (Big blog pt. 1)

First, I want to apologize to anyone who actually happens to catch most of these posts, because there has not been one in like a month. Sorry about that. Anyhow, it has been a couple busy weeks for Kanye West, who released a solo album (only seven songs, but still) and a collaborative album with Kid Cudi (also only seven tracks). I'm going to split what would be a giant catch up blog into two parts. Kanye's solo album is first, "ye."

Now, this has gotten a lot of bad reviews from critics, but honestly, I think they are just bitter that Kanye only had seven songs on his album. The reason behind that is to try and increase streaming revenue, which is key today. Can't blame a man for wanting more $$.

I thought there were a lot of good lines, rhymes and lyrics throughout the seven tracks. Also, a lot of creative music and melody were throughout. As far as beats, that was by far the weakest part of this album. The album itself reminded me a lot of "Bound 2." My favorite track on the album was "Ghost Town" with "All Mine" a close second. Contrary to some of the reviews I've read, I feel like Kanye said a lot in a very short amount of time, listeners just have to read between the lines a little bit.

Overall, it wasn't a masterpiece like "Yeezus," or a creative vision like "My Dark Twisted Fantasy," but it is really good, and easily listenable.

Anyways, I have 90+ photos to share with you from the beginning of May through mid-May from an array of spring sports action. Enjoy.





























































































No comments:

Post a Comment